Retired life is a goal for those in their fifties and sixties. When I left my hometown my husband retired me from the working world and I joined the Housewife Industry. It’s sometimes glamorous, it’s sometimes boring, it’s always a job I do for the love of the greatest man on Earth.
Need to reach me? Drop me a line: TheYoungRetiree@gmail.com!
But, you’re here to learn a little more about me, huh? Here’s some interesting facts for you:
- I am a stay at home Navy wife.
- I am so much more than that though! I am coming out of “retirement”! I am the President and CEO of my very own (very new) company! I’m an “ETSYpreneur”! You can find my shop over there: The Young Retiree, STAMPED!
- My husband and I celebrate the following days: 23 Jan 2008- the day we first met. 17 Feb 2008- our very first date! 19 Aug 2009- He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! 31 Oct 2009- We got married in “secret” [well, with just the chaplain and my grandma present] and then 2 Jan 2010- our church wedding. We can thank the United States Navy and the ever-changing Deployment schedule of the ship my husband was on then.
- When we got married, I became a step-mom, although we don’t get to interact with him as much as we’d like due to distance and the woman I pray most for.
- I moved away from home for the first tim in April of 2010, from Virginia to California, when the ship home port changed.
- We have three dogs:: Les Petites Chiens:: Fiona [our Pomeranian Princess] and Bosco [our Chihuahua/Shepherd mix]. We rescued them both back in April of 2010. Our newest edition is Jonesie, our “hick dog”. He’s a beagle/dauschund mix who just looks like he belongs in the passenger seat of a beat up Ford in the sticks of North Carolina or something. We adopted him from a local rescue group on September 10, 2011.
- I have a DSLR camera and use it with reckless abandon. I don’t really know how to use it, but consider it a hobby learning how to document our lives for memories.
- I am on a weight loss journey and changing the lives of myself and Hubs through our diet and exercise. Some days we succeed, some days we don’t… every day we try though.
- I’m a mess in the kitchen but always trying to improve and master new recipes. Some times I succeed, some days we order take out as a result. It has been a humorous ride.
There will be more to come as I think of stuff, I assure you.
Thanks for stopping by!